Saturday, May 11, 2013

New and Ugly?


A friend asked me a while back, "Did something new and ugly happen, or is this just processing the last 21 years?", about starting the blog. I said, "Mostly processing...and a lot of people's reactions when I talk to them about what's been going on. People's jaws have been hitting the floor."

It made me realize just how fucked up my thinking was when I was in the middle of it. I didn't even realize I'd been abused until I filed for divorce, he moved out, and I started to look at it from a distance.

And when I started talking to other people about what had been happening.

I just knew I had to get out. My hairdresser (and friend) said we can't see it when we're in the middle of it, whether it's a marriage, friendship or coworkers.

I thought for a minute when I read my friend's email and realized that something DID happen. People's reactions happened. They took me by surprise. They were/are shocked. Their mouths make O's. Their eyes open wide.

"He did WHAT?!"

Wow. How could I have thought that was an ok way to live?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your posts and stories of how much you have recovered from the painful divorce you recently went thorough. You are very inspiring and I will continue to read your uplifting and words of healing.
    Opening up and sharing with the Internet community took a lot of strength and courage and I am sure you are well on the road to healing. I thank you for all you have shared. Keep the faith in yourself, and know that you are inspiring a person who has been hurt, betrayed, and all but destroyed, yet, I am still here. Thanks BettyeAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up to having sex. Beginning of this year he raped me. I have had physical and sexual abuse but the worst of all mental cruelty. I am now with a man who looks me in the eyes to tell me he loves me and that I am beautiful x Vic

    ReplyDelete