Monday, May 20, 2013

I Didn't Have to Unleash the Flying Monkeys


Daughter's open house went very well. Ex was late, as per usual, so I was able to hang out with her and have her show me most of what she's been doing in school before he showed up. He just looked sad. This is what he does when he's not in control, or is in public and has decided to play the part of, "The Best Ex Husband Ever", as if to say, 'Look what you've done to me.' 'Look what I've become because of you.' 'Look at me, I'm harmless.' 'You have made my life so sad.'

I held my head up and was as pleasant as I could be. There were so many people in the classroom that he could barely get near me, much less bother me...which he probably wouldn't have done anyway because he doesn't do anything where the public can see.

Ex's sad face could have been because he came by to drop off Son's skateboard on the way to work. Daughter came into the bathroom when I was about to get into the shower, scaring the hell out of me. I'll forgive her because she's cute. Damned exaggerated jumpiness. (I talked about that here.) She came into the bathroom to ask me if Ex could use the other bathroom. I paused long enough that she saw I was uncomfortable with it (I'll have to work on that.) then I said sure. I got into the shower. Never saw him, thank goodness. Hugged her goodbye and went on getting ready for work.

It was later that I realized I had washed a shirt Partner left at my house, and had hung it to dry in that bathroom. A man's linen shirt, clearly too big for Son. Well. There you go. That could have accounted for sad look as well. Out of all the things Ex has done to me over the years, he still occasionally shows remorse when he's caught off guard. Maybe that's what I was seeing. Or, that I had deliberately not thanked him for the Mother's Day presents, or wished him happy birthday. It's not my job anymore.

Don't care. I'm just thrilled I didn't have an anxiety attack and I was able to get out of there and flee to partner's house for some hugs, which always soothe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment