Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Abusive Men


To preface this little tidbit of my personal life with Partner I'm about to share with you, I need to say that I was thinking about it over the weekend and had another epiphany. I realized that every man I've ever dated (except for Partner) has abused me in one way or another. Whether it be a teen aged boyfriend who lied to me repeatedly (when I was a teenager, perverts), an early 20's boyfriend who picked on me mercilessly for four years, two college boyfriends who repeatedly cheated on me, or Ex who abused me for two decades.

Partner asked me if I wanted a back rub.

*blink*

Asked ME. I didn't ask him. Out of the blue. He just...ASKED ME.

This may not seem odd to you, but it sure as hell was to me.

Things got busy and distracted (kids, dogs, chickens, life) and we fell asleep before I got the chance to take him up on it. When we woke up the next day he said, "Are you ready for that back rub now?" I melted inside, and couldn't stop smiling. As he was rubbing my back and I was trying not to drool on the pillow, I kept expressing my gratitude over and over. He finally said something like (I can't be expected to remember what he said exactly. That was MONDAY.), "So, you're thanking me for offering to rub your back, and then following through with what I said I would do?", I opened my eyes to see the impish grin I adore, realizing what I'd been doing (thanking him, repeatedly) and said earnestly, "I'm not accustomed to that." He laughed, kissed me and said, "Touche."

No comments:

Post a Comment