Saturday, June 1, 2013

Can You Say Pissy?

(More correctly, What the fuck are you looking at?)

I went to the aforementioned meeting for abuse help. What happened was, I spend a good amount of time circling after work, looking for the meeting because the lady on the phone didn't tell me that it would be in a building marked for another business. When I went in, another lady asked me to sign in when I told her why I was, and she asked me to sit through the class and ask questions afterward about resources to find exactly the help I was looking for. I mentioned abuse. What she didn't tell me, was that it was a class for women to learn how to interview and find a job. Which is wonderful! When the instructor mentioned that since there were new people we'd do introductions, I got the hell out of there. I sure as hell am not going to sit through the torture of having everyone in the room look at me if I wasn't even in the correct place. (I mentioned in an earlier post that I am an introvert. At any point if an entire room full of people looks directly at me, I have a tendency to have an anxiety attack response. I hyperventilate and stutter, my ears burn, and my face turns red. Fortunately I have enough chutzpah to prevent myself from running, screaming from the room in a panic.)

...

Ok, please note sentence two above. Both women didn't really hear what I was saying. I clearly stated that I was looking for help with my emotional abuse. Both sent me into the wrong group, not listening to what I said to them.

GRRR! (It made me grumpy and pissy. I finally got up and out to go and I ended up in the wrong place.)

I think I'm going to skip Weave and go back to my insurance and ask for one on one therapy. That was not the route I was planning on taking right now, but it sounds like it's going to be my best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment