Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Was Toxic To Myself



"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance - You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and "continues" to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."

- Danielle Koepke

I felt guilty for a long, long time about leaving Ex. Guilty about "ruining" my children's lives. Guilty about this, that, and everything throughout my life.

Where did this guilt come from? Why did I feel so bad about taking care of myself?

Because I didn't know I wasn't taking care of myself, and part of taking care of myself is letting guilt go - especially when the guilt is all wrapped up in NOT TAKING CARE OF MYSELF.

Shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment