Saturday, June 15, 2013

Shut The Fuck Up, Voice In My Head

I was going to post a pretty, self help picture for you to enjoy today about some of the stuff I'm working on in myself, but I found a typo in it and my inner Grammar Nazi is still trying to recover from the offense.

So, I'm going to type it out instead and look for another .jpg to put with it...here:

(really has nothing to do with the post, but cracked me up - and if you don't know Ms. Frizzle, you haven't lived)


It doesn't make sense to call ourselves ugly, because we don't really see ourselves. 
We don't watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up silent with our chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. 
We don't see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. 
We don't see ourselves looking at someone with love and care in our heart. 
There's no mirror in our way when we're laughing and smiling and pure happiness is leaking out of us. 
We would know exactly how bright and beautiful we are if we saw ourselves in the moments where we are truly our authentic selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment