Thursday, February 20, 2014

Loss of Innocense & Her Birthday

Angry bird is angry.

Son was walking home from school yesterday with his hoodie up on (because he hates it when the wind blows his hair) and he told me a woman in the new neighborhood at his dad's house pulled up to him in her car and told him "THEY" were watching him because of burglaries in the neighborhood.

...

WTH is wrong with people?! He's a 15 yr old with special needs walking home from school. He said he cried a little and ran home.

WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD KID! YOU'RE A THIEF!!!

I cried from frustration on my commute this morning. How can I protect him? I can't.

Goddammit.

I am blessed to be entrusted with his love and care. 


In other news,

She derps.

12 years ago today I gave birth to my best friend and Daughter. I am blessed to be entrusted with her love and care.

The pregnancy was difficult as I had gestational diabetes. I also worked in a grade school with rough kids. A fight broke out at least once a week. That job was a nightmare...I went on maternity leave and never went back. I felt guilty about leaving the kids but I really couldn't handle them...no one could.

I induced labor (mistake) because she was a week late. They kept upping the epidural because it wasn't working. I was shaking uncontrollably from the pitocin and she was born blue, with the cord wrapped around her neck. No one told me that until later. I just knew they wouldn't let me see her immediately.

They kept her in NICU for a week, with me coming twice a day with my mom (thank you mom!) to feed her. They wanted to make sure SHE didn't have diabetes. She did not, and they finally let me take her home.

I was thrilled she was healthy and giggly, and still is. She is a miracle, as is Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment