Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Make Up Stuff To Worry About



This is the report on Kid's reaction to me changing back to my maiden name:

Me:
"Hey, I need to talk you both about something that is not really a big deal, but I wanted to tell you before you heard it somewhere else..."

Son:
*making random noises as he plays his game*

Daughter:
"Ok."

Me:
"Son, please pause for a minute."

Son:
*pauses and picks up his phone*

Me:
*takes a deep breath*
"I am changing my name back to my maiden name. The name I had before I married your dad. Since we're divorced, I thought I'd like to just have my name back."

Son:
*finally looks at me, and pauses, thinking*

Daughter:
"Ok Mom."

Son:
"Can I show you something?"
*starts messing around with his game again*

Me:
"Yes, but wait...pause. Please listen. Does it feel weird to have a different last name from mine?"

Son:
"No."

Daughter:
"No. That was your name before."

Me:
*blinks*

Son:
"Can I show you now?"
*turns back to TV and starts chattering away, smiling*


I made a mountain out of a molehill again. I love my kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment